Thursday, June 2, 2011

Making Friends By the Pool

This morning as Grant was helping me with the pool chores, he opened the skimmer basket and found a surprise...  A super adorable little turtle!  Of course, being Grant the insatiable animal lover, he asked if we could keep it and make it our new pet.  You know what my answer was, because - I mean really - could you say no to this face?

Yeah, me neither.  After we held him and exclaimed for a while over his cuteness, we set about making him a new home. Then came the much more difficult task of choosing a name.  Grant claimed that since he found the turtle, and he rescued the turtle; he should be the one to name the turtle.  I offered suggestions such as Franklin (after the beloved storybook turtle), Tuck (from the Wonder Pets).  I even went through all the names of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  Nope.  Grant chose a name early on and nothing but nothing was deterring him from his choice.  So, may I proudly present...

Turd Turdy Keith.  You know, because "Turd" is short for turtle.

2 comments:

  1. OMG..... A bellylaugh from down under!!!!
    Now can I tell you that if we had discovered a 'creature' in the filter it would have been a deadly spider? That's what you regularly find in filters over here :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Shudder!* My neighbor two doors down found a snake in hers a couple of summers ago, so I am always scared when I open it! I was thrilled that all I found was Turd Turdy!

    ReplyDelete